Just imagine – you are eating your favourite meal in a restaurant and suddenly you spot a strand of hair in your food. Wouldn’t you just scream out of disgust?! It is sickening to see just a strand of hair in your food, what if you end up spotting snakeskin? Yes, you read it right! Recently, someone spotted snakeskin in their food in a restaurant in Kerala and this incident has shocked all the desi readers on the internet. A customer allegedly found a snakeskin in her food delivery parcel from a hotel in Thiruvananthapuram’s Nedumangadu area, and the hotel has been shut down by the authorities post the incident. Shared on Twitter, the tweet by @Tushar_KN says that the snakeskin was found in the newspaper that was used to pack the parottas.


Hotel in Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram has been temporarily shut after a customer allegedly found a part of a snake skin packed into her food. The snake skin was found in the newspaper that was used to pack the parottas, following which the food safety officials were alerted.
???? pic.twitter.com/WZXi30fVzd— Tushar Kant Naik ॐ♫₹ (@Tushar_KN) May 6, 2022

According to the Independent, a mother-daughter duo had bought two pieces of parotta (a flaky South Indian flatbread) and when the daughter finished her food, she discovered snakeskin on the wrapping paper. The mother, Priya, reported the incident to the police who then directed her to the Food Safety Officials. Arshitha Basheer, the food safety officer reported that the hotel worked in a “bad condition” and “The outlet was shut at once and a show-cause notice served,” she added.

Post-investigations, it was reported by officials that snakeskin was in the newspaper used for packing the food, not in the food. The hotel’s licence has been revoked with Ms Basheer informing that the restaurant was conducting business with the required license and there was “nothing wrong” with the food.

However, the incident did leave a mark on people and here’s what they commented on Twitter:


That is why I hardly eat outside, and whenever I eat I make sure the food is cooked right on my supervision.— Let me speak THE BITTER TRUTH (@SatyMevJayaate) May 6, 2022


One of my favorite restaurant was raided by health dep and found spoiled chicken with worms in large quantity. I have lost the trust now to eat from outside..— Rahul Sreekandan Nair (@sheenarahul) May 8, 2022


First fatal death of a girl n 30 hospitalized due to Chicken shawarma n now this… something not going right in kerela— Indigenous???????? (@_Hold_Ma_Beer) May 7, 2022

What did you think of the incident? How would you respond if the same happened to you? Do share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com

source

Shop Sephari

Leave a Reply